Just performed my CU1 update today. Here are the steps i took.
- Downloaded the CU1 update (refer to previous post for link) to my D: drive
- Open up a Command Prompt as Administrator (Elevated Privileges)
- Changed to the D: Drive and ran the SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-R2CU1-KB974144-X86-X64-IA64-ENU.MSI file
- The extractation will take place into default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 R2 Hotfix Utility\
- After such, the SetupUpdateOM.exe will run automatically. If not, or needed to update other servers, then run this executable as neccessary.
- Once launched, the following are the order of the installation:
Make sure you close the Operations Console or you will receive the warning below…
The System Center services will be stopped at this point
Updating of the core files will take place here at this stage.
After which the installation will complete.
To verify the success of the updates, you' can check file versions of the following:
- HealthService.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataWarehouse.DataAccess.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.DataAbstrationLayer.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Web.ConsoleFramework.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Authoring.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.Mom.DiscoveryDatabaseAccess.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.Mom.RecorderBarBHO.dll (Version 22.214.171.124)
- Microsoft.MOM.UI.Common.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- Microsoft.Mom.UI.Components.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- MobileWebConsole.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- MOMBidLdr.dll (Version 5.2.3790.1290)
- MOMConnector.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- MOMModules.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- MOMNetworkModules.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- RootWebConsole.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
- RSSWebConsole.dll (Version 6.1.7221.13)
Repeat the above for all Management Servers and any Operations and Web Consoles
After this is done, you would need to import the new Datawarehouse.Report Library MP. Open up your Operations Console and import the mp from the C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 R2 Hotfix Utility\Management Packs folder
Next, Update the OperationsDatabase
1. Stop the System Center Data Access, System Center Management and System Center Management Configuration services.
2. Launch SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL Database Server hosting the OperationsDatabase
3. Expand and select the OperationsDatabase (or any other name that you’ve renamed it to) and click on New Query. Ensure that Operations Database is listed in the Available Database box.
4. Go to File –> Open and select the DiscoveryEntitySProcs.sql file from the extracted folders
5. Execute the TransactSQL
6. Lastly, restart all the system Center services
That’s the update of the OperationsDatabase done.
NEXT, Update the Agents
1. Launch the Operations Console. In the Administration tab, under the Pending Management, you should see a list of tasks referring to update of agents
2. Approve the updates.
This completes the CU1 update process.
At the point of this post, several other MVPs have reported some installation issues. Please comment on this post if you should receive any issues during your updates.